Reporting to the Associate Director, the incumbent will manage the progamme planning of multiple projects covering all aspects, such as design, procurement, construction, relating to building projects from the feasibility to completed construction stage.
- Agree project objectives with Client and Discipline Head.
- Proficient in preparation of project schedules with software packages such as Microsoft Project.
- Represent the client’s or Meinhardt’s interests throughout the project.
- Provide advice on the management of projects.
- Manage and organise the various professional people working on the project. Ensuring design has been fully coordinated.
- Organsie and chair meetings, with Client/ Consultants/procurement team.
- Review project plans and specifications and comment on the design, scheduling and possible cost saving benefits.
- Assist the cost consultant with the project budget and ensure this is adhered to throughout the project.
- Assist the cost consultant with prequalification and tendering process of work packages, inclusive of tender analysis, procurement and appointment of contractors.
- Proficient in writing and preparation of reports.
- Carry our risk assessments, where required.
- Compliance with design and QA procedures.
- Making sure that all the aims of the project are met and client satisfaction is of paramount importance.
- Monitoring and reporting monthly on progress against time and financial objectives to Client and Discipline Head.
- Assist the construction manager during the construction phase of the project and be able to fulfil the role as construction manager, if required. Attending site, as and when required.
- Develop and maintaining excellent client relationships through business development activities and project execution.
- Identify opportunities to enhance project profitability, as and when required.
- After project completion, prepare compilation of Operating Manuals (O&M) as and when required.
- Commit to Continual Professional Development (CPD).
- To be a team player and from time to time be able to carry out tasks, which are deemed to be the responsibilities of others within the team.
- A Bachelor degree in a construction/engineering design related qualification.
Proven ability to work within a team environment with a dedicated approach to meet project deadlines.
- Client focused approach to service delivery.
- 5 years management experience of technical professionals or Project Management experience.
- Possess excellent planning and organization, interpersonal and communication, and problem solving skills.
- A good track record in completed MEPCM projects preferable.
- Ability to coordinate and lead matrixed and diverse teams & work independently with a high level of initiatives.
- Strong professional communications.
- Service Delivery Management experience is an added advantage plus.