GRADUATE SITE ENGINEER
Report directly to the Construction Manager/Resident Site Engineer.
This position is expected to carry the following responsibilities, but not limited to:
- Report directly to the Construction Manager/Resident Site Engineer.
- Review and understand the design intent of the project by studying Meinhardt drawings and specifications.
- Understand and comprehend internal and external project organization structure.
- Review of Contractors approved working/shop drawings.
- Perform field quality control observations and assessments, such as inspection of works on site to check if Contractor is installing in accordance with his approved working/shop drawings.
- Inspect and assess the quality of materials being used for construction projects.
- Advise Construction Manager/Resident Site Engineer of any observed Health and Safety issues
- Comply with Meinhardt’s QA procedures and utilize standard forms. Prepare forms as and when required.
- Report findings and any non-conforming works to Resident Site Engineer for correction procedure.
- Witness testing of materials to ensure compliance with design intent and specification.
- Undertake surveys, as and when required.
- Liaise with Resident Site Engineer and Construction Team to confirm for daily attendance and inspections.
- Keep daily site diary on progress and quality of construction works
- Prepare period reports and assessments for each project phase.
- Prepare and expedite project deficiency lists.
- Be proactive and report back to the Resident Site Engineer when tasks completed.
- Commit to continual professional development (CPD) and keep training records updated.
- Perform other office duties when required and should be willing to take on more responsibilities when asked.
- Diploma / Bachelor Degree from Civil Engineering
- Max age, 25 years old
- Have good knowledge about, AUTO CAD, Sketch Up, and Static Calculation
- Good Skill with Microsoft Office : Word, Excel, Power Point, Project, Adobe
- Understanding Technical Sketch
- Willing to learn and be located on the construction site.
- A sound knowledge of construction methods and health and safety are advantages.
- Excellent communication skills.